Wednesday, November 25, 2009


I am attending an annual training work conference at the Red Lion Hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah. for the County agency I work for as an instructor. This year I decided to offer one of my pieces as a door prize. Connie, my co-worker, was at a yard sale and found a bag of silk brocade Asian pieces. Each piece was different. She said when she say them she thought of me. She gave me these wonderful pieces in August. Last week I was inspired to make this velvet jacket with matching scarf.

I thought about the wonderful beautiful people I work with, each one so different. Like this jacket, solid, well made, but if you examine it carefully, you will find slight imperfections. Unique, hand skilled clothing will bear these small imperfections. That's the charm of this lost art. As a staff working with individuals recovering from addictions we are held together by our professionalism & profound sense of ethics. I am proud to be working in a job that helps make a positive difference for the citizens of Salt Lake County.

No comments:

Post a Comment